Thursday 3 May 2012

Last weekend 28-29th April, The forecast was looking amazing for Weymouth so me and some friends headed down there. The OTC was hosting the second round of the BSA (British Slalom Association) series 2012. I entered for a bit of fun, found my self some shiny demo kit from JP/Neilpryde and finished 4th in the Amateur fleet! Saturday was really fun, we ran 3 races, the wind was ENE so it was quite choppy out there but I felt comfortable on the JP Supersport 109 and Neilpryde Fusion 6.7. I was a little underpowered to start with, but come the afternoon I was fully powered and loving it. I really wanted to race on Sunday as I was only one point off the podium. Unfortunately it was too windy for most of the day, with 50 knot gusts recorded! When the wind finally dropped, it did so with a huge shift, by the time the course had been relayed for the pro's the wind still wasn't settled, so there was no more racing for any fleets. Still, it was such a fun event, I did better than I expected, and I'm pretty keen on entering another BSA event when time and money allows!

After two weekends away, I think it's time to get some revision done!

Picture by Dave White http://www.davewhite.me/

No comments:

Post a Comment