Thursday 19 July 2012

I won!

UKWA Inlands 4 at Whitwell saw light non planing winds on Saturday, and gusty marginal/planing winds on Sunday. With a borrowed Starboard Phantom 380, I found a level of performance I didn't know I had, and won 5 races out of the 8 race series. It was a fantastic weekend of racing, with some physical, tactical, close racing. My starts seemed particularly good this weekend, and I was flying upwind on the new board, which with its bigger fin and fat tail allowed me to plane earlier and head deeper downwind. I think I need to find some money to  buy one!                                                                                               
Results:
1st Louis Morris (Starboard Phantom 380, Tushingham XR 9.5)
2nd Rob Kent (Starboard Phantom 377, Tushingham XR 9.5)
3rd Jamie Ingram (Starboard Phantom 380, Tushingham XR 9.5, RSX 9.5)

Photo by Andy Watkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment